JOBS TO BE DONE: Theory to Practice takes the theory and the ODI process to the next level. This jobs-to-be-done book reveals:
- Why companies fail at innovation and how to avoid the two most critical mistakes that companies make.
- How to employ the Jobs-to-be-Done Theory Needs Framework to categorize, define, capture, organize and prioritize customer needs.
- The Jobs-to-be-Done Growth Strategy Matrix—a tool that fills in the holes in disruptive innovation theory, and other innovation theories, by examining them through a Jobs lens. It defines and reveals which of the 5 growth strategies to pursue in a given situation.
- Improvements to the Outcome-Driven Innovation process—and how the process ties customer-defined metrics to the customer’s Job-to-be-Done, transforming every aspect of opportunity discovery, marketing and innovation.
- Outcome-Based Segmentation: what is it and how it uncovers hidden opportunities for growth.
- The 84 steps associated with the ODI process, revealing in detail what it takes to turn Jobs Theory into practice.
- A three-phased approach that a company can use to build a competency in innovation.
- The JTBD Language of Innovation – the lexicon of terms needed to establish a common language for innovation.
The book also includes six detailed case studies of companies that applied the Outcome-Driven Innovation process and achieved impressive results including: Microsoft, Kroll Ontrack, Arm & Hammer, Bosch, Abbott Medical Optics, and Hussmann.